Monday, January 17, 2011

Valentine's Day House Hot Pad

My friend and fellow co-worker Patt suggested I make a house hot pad, so over the weekend I drafted and sewed this fun project. I had been wanting to use the ribbon that you see for the chimney for a long time.(It also became the hanger for the hot pad) It is perfect with the X's and O"s for Valentines Day. We also carry the ribbon in pink , but much narrower. The cutting directions are being developed and we used our wonderful wool blend felt for the heart. I love the black and white fabrics, but I promise to try some other color combos soon.
I also was trying to make tiny and not so tiny roses out of rick rack and after some trial and error ended up with 6 flowers from a yard . The smallest one ended up as the door nob and was glued in place. They would also be really cute glued onto hair clips for little ones this coming Valentines Day.

If the weathers giving you the winter blahs stop in to see the new fabrics including a shipment of Hoffman Batiks that will be sure to brighten your day.




No comments:

Post a Comment