Friday, March 11, 2011

Blissfully Beautiful Batiks


It 's always a good day when a shipment of Hoffman batiks arrives. And this is just a preview of some of the new arrivals. I once asked the Hoffman rep how to tell the wrong side and they told me that the back side is usually less distinct . But honestly with Hoffman it is really hard to tell ,because their quality is so lovely. I also frequently have people ask if I prewash them. I usually do and only rarely do I have one that bleeds. If you have any problems I recommend that you use a product called Retayne, a color fixative for commercially dyed cotton fabrics. We have some in stock and it is available in small bottles. It is a good idea to use rubber gloves when handling this product. Please remember to unfold all fabrics before you wash them and take them out of the washer right away when finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment