Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sewing with batiks.


I have started another project using batiks and wanted to share with you the progress for today. I found a great pattern at quilt market , so these blocks are only the first step.
Batiks are such a pleasure to sew with , but I recommend a dry iron , because steam can so easily stretch and distort your blocks. I press and remeasure after each log is added and find this time well spent . If I get in a hurry even as little as a sixteenth of an inch can really add up. I also swear by mechanical marking pencils as the lead markings are always the same. No fat and skinny lines. I am currently using the Bohin mechanical pencil with the white lead that stays on until you need to remove them. Give it a try the next time you need a good fabric marker.

No comments:

Post a Comment