Friday, May 25, 2012

Road trip to Leavenworth

On our way to quilt market Patt and I stopped in the wonderful town of Leavenworth, Kansas.
I had never been there before and was very pleasantly surprised at all the great stores and the helpful people. This is such a small portion of what we saw and some times I do not have my Camera at the best moments. It was a lovely day and the Candle Queen store (bottom Left) had been recommended by a friend of mine in Lawrence Kansas. We actually ran into the store when we turned the corner and a man was vacating a parking stall right in front of the door. The owner makes her own candles and has great unique scents and names for all of them. Debbie in the bottom center photo and right lower photo was our unofficial ambassador for Leavenworth. The center photo is the interior of the candle queen store. Debbie and another lady recommend we eat lunch at Luigi's an Italian restaurant that had been open for 2 years. I can't wait to go back if I am in the area. Good food and great prices. Just a little ways from Luigi's was the store, Soul Supply and Hardware center picture top row. Lovely and a fun selection of merchandise. There are also several Antique store in Leavenworth, the top left picture is just one that we stopped at. I hope you are lucky enough to stop at Leavenworth some day and let me know what you saw or loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment