Thursday, November 20, 2014

Irresistible critters to applique.

At Quilt Market in Houston this fall we found a new book of
 adorable animal appliques.
The glasses just make each of the characters twice as cute don't you think?

They had a darling quilt that incorporated all the designs, but my 
favorite idea was all the individual canvases made as wall art.






There was a tote bag that used the kitty design.





Clothing for adults and children where on display.
The colors are so fun.



Is this raccoon just to fun?



Love , love the cute fabric choices.





So Carol on our staff gave it a try and made this Owl for our demonstration
 at our customer appreciation event.





Carol also made this puppy wall art.







I wanted to try my hand at appliqueing on a garment. 
So I cut out all the parts , Patt button hole stitched 
around the parts and I did some hand embroidery for the details. 
The book has several different eye glass choices to choose from. 
For this toddler t-shirt I had the design shrunk 30% to fit. 








We have the book in stock and all the specialty supplies. 
Let me know if you want us to put a copy on hold,
we are happy to ship too.
Stop by and see all the new exciting books and patterns from market. 
Janeese























No comments:

Post a Comment