Saturday, April 11, 2015

Auditioning a quilting design.


For my self I know I spend a lot of time selecting and or auditioning quilt designs . I find it stressful ,but I also realize you can make or break a quilt with what you select. It is time to select a design for my Cart Wheel quilt below, so I thought I would share some of my steps.









click on the face book link below. WHere it says posted by Calico House

Baby steps to auditioning a quilt design.Next I will be loading the quilt in my Qnique 14 long arm. Calico House is one of only 12 dealers in the USA for the Grace Co.
Posted by Calico House on Saturday, April 11, 2015




I love this set of circles I have for my long arm machine and yes we do cary them at the Calico House.
Oh and those are the paws of my Cat, Mr boots who always likes to be in the middle of the action at  our house. 
(Tools for long arm quilting are thicker than your quilting rulers. )





I mentioned the product below in my video . 
You can mark on it with a sharpie marker and erase your marks with rubbing alcohol. 
(Yes we carry it at the store)
You could also use sheets of plexi glass and I know several quilters who do use it for auditioning  quilt designs.  



Stay tuned to see how this all turns out. I will post some pictures of my progress and quilting on the Qnique 14 mid arm machine at the shop. I will be practicing on some fabric before I load the quilt.

Thanks for stopping by. Janeese

No comments:

Post a Comment