Saturday, February 2, 2013

The crab made me do it.

I just could not resist this little 
houndstooth crab from the moment I first saw him at quilt market.
 He is designed by one of my fabric fabric designers Laura Wisbrun.
 All her fabrics have a fun little twist to them.
Here is a link to her blog  http://lauriewis.blogspot.com/



The name of the group is Don't be Crabby. 
Bright clear colors with a nautical theme. 
Ane there is that little crab again.
 Now to choose a pattern, I was inspired by the free pattern that Robert Kaufman 
fabrics provided for this collection. 
And after tweaking that pattern, it was time to send it off for quilting. 



 I asked my friend and customer  Mary Valaika to 
quilt it for me.
 We discussed many options for the quilt designs and agreed  on little anchors and waves.
Mary did a great job and she let me take her picture today.
  

Here is a closeup of the quilting. 



I love to bind quilts and it is always the nicest feeling when that last stitch goes in.
 Hope you are all  finding time to quilt, it has been cold here and the sewing room has been a perfect 
place to be. Janeese


1 comment: