Tuesday, August 20, 2013

How to easily mark your quilting design.

You may remember these new fall Batiks that we 
had just received at the store. 
I try to keep you all up to date.




So I choose a table runner pattern to feature them and 
 I realized you might be interested in 
how I marked the quilting lines. 



My go to book for quilt motifs is the 501 Quilting Motifs shown below.
They give you permission to increase and decrease the deigns to fit 
your project. And it is on a spiral binding which sure makes it easy to make copies. 




I transferred the designs onto a great product by Golden Threads 
made especially for quilting through.
That is what you see  in the picture below around the borders 
and some is still left in the middle. 







Here are some close ups . Some of the paper has been removed and in  some spots 
I have just begun to remove it. 








Pumpkin with the golden threads paper.





Pumpkin after removal of the paper.



I love  the product because there are no marks to remove and I 
can audition them for placement before I quilt. 



When you are ready to remove the paper a pair of tweezers really come in handy.
I read on line where one person vacuumed hers off at the end to get all the little pieces. 
The tweezers below are my favorite and are really long to get into tight little  spaces. 





Hope this helps you out. 
If your in the store ask for a demonstration and the table runner
 is finished and up on display. 


Thanks for stopping by. Janeese



No comments:

Post a Comment