Friday, August 16, 2013

This weeks project.







This was a very busy week at the store and strangely the weather was cool and almost fall like.
That really inspired our customers to stop in and start new projects.

I had been trying to choose fabrics for Jaybirds Quilts new Seaside pattern. And this gave me an
excuse to feature some of V and Co new Simply Style fabrics. I have only sewn up about half,
but so far I am pleased with the order and setting fabric. (bottom right picture.)












































Remember, never be afraid to try a set of fabrics and try another set and tweak the set. One of the fabrics I really wanted to use just wasn't right,  I cut them out and audition them again. It became
more obvious once they where up on my design wall. (sheets of foam core I can pin into. )

For all you blue fabric lovers, we are seeing and are able to buy a lot more of the dark blues and navy.
This is a big change for fall and going forward. The collage above shows some of the latest and in stock fabrics.

 Why not stop by and see all the new fabrics and pick up a class schedule?

Happy Sewing. Janeese

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful fabrics! Great project. Happy to see a return of the darker blues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a long , long time since we have seen navy.
      And they are lovely to boot.

      Delete