Thursday, July 23, 2015

My favorite new purse pattern.





Do you love it. 
By far one of the cutest patterns released at Quilt Market this Spring. 

It involves a lot of thought for choosing fabrics 
that play well together, which can be challenging.






The pattern calls for Soft and Stable by annies as the stabilizer . It is available in white or black and is an awesome product for purses. It adds no weight and really makes the sides of your purses maintain there shape . I will be using the white for this project and ironed it with a medium heat to remove the wrinkles after taking it out of the packaging.













You start by sewing all the pieces together for the front and back. I chose a lot of linen and linen and cotton blend fabrics. Then you lay those on top of the soft and stable. I pinned those together
on all 4 sides.








You then have to chose how your are going to quilt the front and back.
I wanted to share a big problem I had so you won't make the same 
mistake. I first marked all my lines and then sewed some of the lines with regular black thread. 
 It looked awful. I spent a lot of time ripping that out. So not fun. 
I then tried a 12 weight thread and lengthened my stitch and was much happier.  
If I had more time I would love to have hand quilted it all. 
I am sorry I thought to take a picture after I had the first stitching all ripped out. 







Next you lay your pattern on top of your quilted fabric and cut out the front and back.






This is as far as I was able to sew today, but I will post more as I have more done.
Give Soft and Stable a try, your gonna like it. We have the pattern and the soft and stable in stock
in white. Black can be special ordered.

Thanks for stopping by. Janeese






















No comments:

Post a Comment