Monday, September 26, 2016

Building permit #4

Hello neighbors. Has fall come to your neighborhood yet?
Have you purchased your pumpkins and mums?
How picky are you when you pick out your pumpkins?
I know I really look for long stems and search for the perfect pumpkins.  


Our builder this week is Carol. She has worked at the store for quite a while.
She is an artist and regularly changes the art on our chalk painted door at the store.
All the Hey Dot fabrics and Grunge from Moda 
 where selected by each staff member. 







House block #4









Here is what Carol wrote about her neighbor hood.


I live in an older neighborhood where no two houses are the same. Each house has its own unique characteristics. That's what drew me to the neighborhood years ago, but it's the neighbors that make it special. When we moved here we were the young ones with small children. Three of us are still here. Our children grew up together and now we have fun watching our grandchildren come for visits. Many younger families have moved into the neighborhood and it's fun to watch thier families grow. Best of all my neighbors are my friends.


 I also asked all the staff to share a favorite recipe with you . 

Taco Casserole
I learned how to make this recipe in 4H. I came home and made it for my family. It has remained a favorite through the years. Now my grandchildren love it. Here's the original recipe.

1 1/2 lb. hamburger
1 onion
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp thyme (I used 1/2 tsp crushed)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic salt (I use garlic powder)
1/2 can taco sauce (I use 1/2 cup of my homemade picante sauce)
1 can chili beans (I use black beans seasoned ith some chili powder)
1 cup chopped lettuce (I use more)
1 cup chopped tomato
Mozzarella cheese
Tortilla chips (I like white corn)

Fry hamburger, onion and all seasonings (taco sauce included). Drain. Mash beans and mix with hamburger mixture. Place in a casserole dish lined with chips. Generously sprinkle with cheese*. Spread tomato and lettuce over mixture. Cover with chips and heat at 475 for 15 - 20 minutes.

*When I got a microwave I adapted this recipe. I just cover the mixture with cheese and put the casserole in the microwave until the cheese melts (about 5 min). Then I put on the lettuce and tomatoes and serve. Pass extra chips if desire




It is really fun to see all the houses being posted at 
#modabemyneighbor.

Your the best. Janeese 






1 comment:

  1. I think it's wise to start with a big thanks for this quality topic. Getting permit for any building construction is not an easy task sometimes and may be tiresome. But you the issue so easy in such was that impressed me mostly. Simply the steps you explained were very useful and worth to follow to get the permission. Just a few moment back another helpful article I enjoyed was that building permit Bradford. If some one looking for building permission this site perhaps will make some help.

    ReplyDelete